Dates of actual competition:
Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th, Sunday 5th May 2013
Competition Start: 7:00am, Friday 3rd May 2013
NOTE: Entrants not attending the opening & briefing will not be eligible to be included in the first ten lucky entrant draws. EFTPOS and Credit Card facilities are available at Pat’s TackleWorld Gladstone and C&J Video Tannum Sands. Don’t forget that you can also enter online from the 23rd March 2013. Simply follow the directions
Saturday, 23rd March 2013
MAXIMUM: 3000 SENIORS Juniors Unlimited
Sunday, April 21st 2013 or when sold out
Includes GST and Senior prize draw.
Includes GST and Junior prize draw.
Once online payment has been processed customers will receive an email confirmation of their purchase.
Daily Weigh-Ins will be conducted
- Friday 2:00pm – 4:00pm (NOTE: There is no Friday morning weigh-in)
- Saturday 10:00am – 11:00am & 2:00pm – 4:00pm.
- Sunday 10:00am – 11:00am & 2:00pm – 4:00pm.
Competitors must present Official 2013 Entry Card at Weigh-Ins and draws and anyone without an Official 2013 Entry Card will be refused the right to weigh-in fish. Entry to the weigh-in and entertainment area will only be permitted to those issued with their Official 2013 Entry Card. All fish must be weighed on the official scales provided by the organisers to be eligible. Only fish species displayed on the official Entry Form and the official stage weigh-in board are eligible for weigh-in. Fish presented to the scales must be taken on rod and reel or hand line only and must be Gilled and Gutted, (with the exception of live categories) can be iced down but not frozen and be of Legal Size. Any such fish may be selected by and becomes the property of Boyne Tannum HookUp Association Incorporated for promotional purposes and will not be returned to the original owner under any circumstances what so ever.
FISH CATEGORY DAILY AND FINAL PAYOUTS
At the conclusion of the daily weigh-in all Daily Fish Category Winners will be awarded the Daily Fish Category Payout for the heaviest fish recorded for that day. If a category does not record a daily weigh-in then that Daily Payout will jackpot for the next days heaviest fish weighed in or the Final Category winner payout. The ultimate Fish Category Winner at the conclusion of the competition is eligible for up to three Daily Category Payouts, plus the Final Category Payout, and the Category Trophy.
Anyone not in the queue at the final weigh-in with a fish to be weighed at 4:00 p.m. Sunday, May 5th , 2013 will be deemed ineligible to “weigh-in” and therefore outside the Official Finish Time. Competitors must present an official 2013 entry card
Competitors must present official entry card at weigh-ins.
LIVE FISH CATEGORY
Live fish can be brought to the live fish weigh-in area at any time between the hours of 8am – 4pm on Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th of May and 7am – 3.30pm on Sunday 5th May, but to qualify for the daily prizes the fish must be weighed in no later than the daily cut off time on that day. The fish must remain alive for 30 minutes in the Official HookUp recovery tank to qualify for official entry into the event. Fish categories; Flat Head, Bream, Grunter, Mangrove Jack, Finger Mark & Whiting.
CATCH & RELEASE
ALL Barramundi will be photographed and measured on an official Brag Mat.
All other live fish categories are to be weighed in at the official weigh-in station, tagged, placed in the recovery tank and released after 30 min.
Brag mats are available at your local tackle shop or a the merchandise event tent. (No home made mats will be accepted)
To ascertain that the fish has been caught within the competition time, an official HookUp sticker can be collected from the merchandise marquee at the start of and during the event. Two digital photos, one showing the whole fish, with the head at the start of the measure, the other zoomed in on the tail showing it’s length. Both photos must display the current HookUp sticker.
Any evidence of fraud such as, fish more than 24 hours since being caught, an individual weighing in fish without an official 2012 card to the “Boyne Tannum HookUp” competition, netted or speared or deck reel landed fish, or any action in defiance of the rules and goodwill of the competition, will be placed in the hands of the police in attendance. The competition organisers reserve the right of absolute disqualification in the event of specified breaches of rules occurring, including sample testing by the Queensland Fish Management Authority. Management decision is final; the Boyne Tannum HookUp Association Incorporated retains the right to withhold any cash prizes or trophies pending the outcome of any investigation.
All competitors must abide by State and Federal regulations.
All persons operating vessels must follow all current Queensland Department of Transport regulations. The Volunteer Marine Rescue Gladstone will operate a radio base to provide competitors the capability to log in their positions and estimated time of return. By doing this all boaties are entered for the nightly Boating Safety Awards.
PRIZES AND TROPHIES
On each Prize Draw the entrant possessing the Number announced must present him or herself to the announcer with their Official 2013 Entry Card within two minutes of that entry being announced. All major prize winners will also require formal identification upon presenting themselves to the announcer. All major Junior prize winners must be accompanied by a parent or carer with formal identification to confirm winner’s identification. Once the prize has been claimed or a redraw announced that number will not be returned to the barrel and another draw will occur immediately. Prizes and Fish Category presentations will be at the weigh-in area after the weigh ins, each afternoon. Daily prizes not collected by 9PM Sunday night will be posted out to the winners as soon as manageable. No more than one trophy will be awarded in respect of any one fish category caught. If a fish category wieght is a draw, the prize will be awarded to the first recorded entrant. The maximum daily Fish Category wins per competitor is one per day and one final Category win for the Fish Category Trophy. If the competitor is leading in two separate categories, the competitor will be awarded on the first fish weighted in.
NOTE: All random winners must present themselves to claim their prize within 2 minutes of their name being announced.
All entrants will receive a full refund ONLY in the event of a full cancellation of the 2013 Boyne Tannum HookUp.
The Management shall have the absolute right to exclude anyone from the competition without giving any reason whatsoever.
- The competitor, by way of Official Entry, notes and acknowledges that Boyne Tannum HookUp Association Incorporated accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage to any person or property in the course of the competition when such injury or loss is due, or alleged to be due to any act, neglect or default on the part of Boyne Tannum HookUp Association Incorporated or of any official or agency thereof, and all competitors fully understand that in so participating they do so entirely at their own risk and agree to abide by all rules and regulations.
- The Management reserves the right to postpone the Fishing time prior to or during the competition for any section or trophy category.
- Any action, incident, or situation not covered by the rules and conditions written in this brochure shall be determined Co-jointly by the Official Judge or Acting Official Judge of the Fishing “HookUp” and the Management of Boyne Tannum HookUp Association Incorporated if or when those conditions arise. Their decision is final.
- It is a condition of entry in this amateur competition that any participant agrees to the use of his or her image at no cost to and for promotional purposes by Boyne Tannum HookUp Association Incorporated.
- No Glass bottles or dogs are permitted in the Bray Park HookUp area during the event.
- Under no circumstances are there to be any transfer of entrant card to another name prior to or during the event.
- An entrant may receive a full refund ONLY if requested prior to the official close off date, COD Sunday 21st April 2013. A 10% Adminsitration fee will apply.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER THE CLOSE OFF DATE.